Production Run Quality Standards
CVTG is tooled to produce glass in accordance with ASTM International C 1036: Standard Specification for Flat Glass and ASTM International C 1048: Standard Specification for Heat Treated Flat Glass. All general production run glass produced by CVTG is defined by ASTM as q3 grade and shall fall within these standards.
For a complete copy of ASTM C 1036 and ASTM C1048 please contact a CVTG representative.
General Scope: This standard covers 3MM (1/8”) – 6MM (1/4”) quality specifications of clear, patterned or tinted monolithic, flat glass, cut to size and are to be primarily used for architectural glazing applications (q3 Grade).
- Edge Shell Chip:
- Chip Depth: ≤ 50% the thickness of the glass
- Chip Width: ≤ Glass Thickness or ¼” whichever is greater
- Chip Length: ≤ 2 times the chip width
- Size/Dimensional Tolerances:
- Width & Height: +/- 1/16″
- Squareness: 5/64″
- Linear Blemishes/Scratches:
- Scratches visible from more than 132″ (11ft) away are not permissibles
- Scratches visible from 40″ – 132″ away are only permissible if separated by more than 24”
- “Light” Scratches visible from 8″ – 39″ are permissible
Select Grade (q2) quality glass is available in some product offerings. Please contact CVTG for further details on Select Grade quality offerings.